THE FOLLOWING INFO RELATES TO 2021 COMPETITION ENTRIES
Registering competition entries with Talent On Parade is done via the Dance Comp Genie registration system. Please contact us if we can provide assistance in any way. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call us during normal business hours at (316) 522-4836. There is also a “chat” feature which can be accessed as you process your entries.
Please note the following items prior to entering acts.
Then click on the registration link below to begin.
- Deadline for paid-in-full entries is 21 days prior to the first day of competition, OR 45 days if you are applying for the rebate (click here for more info on the studio rebate program).
- If you have Covid Credit you want to apply to any of your acts you’ll need to enter all your act information online and then contact us in the office before you make any payment(s). We will then confirm the amount of credit available and make the necessary adjustments to your balance due.
- If you received a scholarship for any of the dancers you intend to register you’ll need to email us to request credit on your invoice. In your email to email@example.com include the name of your studio, and the name of the student(s) you are requesting credit for. Include also the event location in which the scholarship was awarded, and for groups, the song title the act was entered under. We will then confirm the scholarship(s) and apply the appropriate credit. Please be aware that TOP scholarships are non-transferable for any reason. Only those exact dancers who were awarded the scholarship as were listed in the event program are eligible to redeem it.
- When you create your studio roster you will asked to assign a level to each individual dancer. The system will then assign leveling for each act as follows: Each dancer in an act is assigned a point value based on the level you assigned to that dancer in your studio roster. Novice = 1 point, Intermediate = 2 points, Competitive = 3 points. The level with the highest total points is established for that act. Any ties in the sum of points defaults to the higher level. If you “choose” a level for the act that is different from the system default, a message box will appear indicating the automatic change. Manual level overrides are possible but only by request, and only prior to the show entry deadline. Level overrides are only considered for moving an act up a level, never down.
- The way you enter performer names and song titles will be the exact way those names and title will appear in the program. Preferred style is initial caps on all words. For example: Jane Doe, Kathy Smith, Walking On Sunshine, Let It Go, etc. Please never use ALL CAPS, or all lowercase letters.
- Photos must be uploaded as part of creating an entry into the Photogenic Competition.
- Once you have successfully entered and paid for your acts you’re still not finished until you upload your performance music. Return to your Dance Comp Genie dashboard and click on the “Upload Music” button to begin.