2020 Rochester Regional

Event Information



First the bad news. We just got the official word that the Mayo Civic Center will still be closed during our scheduled competition dates. Unfortunately, that means our Rochester regional competition must be postponed. Now the good news (we hope). We have rescheduled this show as a “Take 2” competition in Rochester for July 30-Aug. 2 and that event will show up soon in the DanceComp Genie show list. Once we get closer to the event, and can confirm crowd restrictions will be lifted at that time, we will email you further instructions on transferring your acts. And/or any paid acts that were entered for a postponed regional event can roll to a national event at the regional prices, and no regional qualifying is necessary for them this year. If you choose not to attend an event this summer (or if shelter-in-place orders are still in effect), your entry fees will remain on your account as a credit until you decide to use them later this fall, next year, or beyond.

The only exception to credits will be for graduating seniors who have no plans to ever return to the competition stage. Our plan is to create a process by which refunds will be extended for them. Please allow us some time to work out the details for how this will happen.

Parents: We understand that there are lots of questions to be asked, and concerns to be shared, but please direct all your communication through your studio director. Do not call or email the office. We will only be communicating with studio directors at this time.

Stay safe. Stay well. Keep dancing.